Characterized by a solid and taut low end with fully developed shimmer in the top extremes, Powerbloc2 is one of the most versatile reference grade amplifiers ever. Now, the Powerbloc4 provides the same performance across four channels! The Powerbloc4 hosts a pair of 30 amp power supplies, each powering two channels.
The benefits of multi-amplification are inarguable: lower intermodulaton, greater headroom and freedom from harmful clipping. Yet concerns over cost, bulk and complexity have prevented users from enjoying these substantial advantages. The Powerbloc4 can be used to bi-amp passive speakers alongside Legacy Audio’s DSP based processor/crossovers to raise system performance to a new level. They can also be used in high performance theater applications to power center and surround channels.
Numerous refinements to class D topologies in recent years have resulted in improvements that not only match the neutrality of other high end designs, but actually exceed typical performance parameters in several ways:
- High damping factor
- Low output impedance
- Wide bandwidth
- Huge dynamic range
Stable into low impedances, the Powerbloc4 achieves high output without bridging and is exceptionally quiet. No transformer hum, fan noise or long waits after power cycling for stabilization. Extremely stable even when driven hard, the ultra-efficient Powerbloc amps feature short circuit protection, thermal sensing and 12VDC triggering. Inputs are premium hand soldered XLR balanced and gold-plated RCA inputs, as found only on the finest gear.
The Legacy Powerbloc4 provides configuration flexibility with four channels of serious power… for serious listening.
- Product ManualDownload Manual
- Power per side:325 watts per channel x 4 @ 8 ohms, 650 watts per channel x 4 @ 4 ohms
- Inputs:4 balanced XLR, 4 unbalanced RCA
- Outputs:4 pair gold plated safety approved five-way binding posts
- Damping Factor:1,000<1kHz
- Voltage Gain:27.4 dB
- Dynamic Range:117 dB
- Peak Current:30 amps shared channels 1,2 and 30 amps shared channels 3,4
- THD:0.005% at rated output
- TIM:0.0045% at rated output
- Input Sensitivity:2.1 Volts to rated power
- Dimensions:3″ H x 17″ W x 14″ D
- Unit Weight:15 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions:9″ H x 22″ W x 18″ D
- Shipping Weight:22 lbs
Reviews & Articles
- Article:“Speed & Openness, The Name of the Game” Legacy at AXPONA 2019
- Article:Legacy in “Full Force” at First Annual Florida Audio Expo
- Article:“The Best Value in High End Audio”- Legacy Powerbloc Amplifier Reviews & Testimonials
- Article:Legacy Audio Joins The Cinema Designer Database
- Review:Legacy Powerbloc “The promise of serious power at a fair price is honestly made and fully delivered”