This exciting entry level turntable uses the unique styling of Synergy and comes complete with the highly acclaimed SME 309 tonearm and internal Crystal Cable wiring as standard. The Model 12A is available in three paint finishes of traditional SME Black, Dark Grey and Dark Blue with contrasting detailing.
• Natural, Open and Dynamic Sound
• High Mass and Small Footprint
• Close Tolerance Precision Bearing
• Isolated Suspension
• Precision Magnesium Tonearm
• Crystal Cable Audio Lead and Internal Wiring
• Based on the award-winning Synergy
The electronic control unit uses a high-performance microprocessor, optimised for motor control. Closed loop speed control is implemented using a proportional plus integral (PI) algorithm. Speed ranges are 33.3, 45 & 78 rpm, with fine pitch speed adjustment allowing increments/decrements of +/-0.01% of the selected speed.
The electronic control circuitry and power supply unit are housed in an external one-piece CNC machined case. This new design offers complete isolation and support and is the perfect environment for the electronics. Speed selection controls are mounted on the front facia panel with LED indicators.
The detachable magnesium headshell has a new style coupling, providing the convenience of rapid cartridge interchange without loss of rigidity.
Our designers can be justly proud of these models which offer a performance and manufacturing excellence unmatched by many more expensive models.
|Series 300 Dimensions||Model 309|
|A – Distance from pivot to stylus||232.32mm|
|B – Distance from pivot to turntable centre||215.35mm|
|C – Cartridge fixing centres||12.70mm|
|D – Offset angle||23.204°|
|E – Linear offset||91.54mm|
|F – Overhang||16.98mm|
|G – Height above mounting surface||87.90mm max
|H – Height of record surface above mounting surface||55.90mm max
|J – Depth below mounting surface||56.75mm|
|K – Radial clearance for balance weight||73.0mm|
|L – Clearance between cabinet lid and record surface, assuming cartridge height at 17.0mm||37.0mm|
- Unique pressure die-cast magnesium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- New design clamping arrangement ensures rigid junction with tone-arm.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Internal wiring in silver litz.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non reflective tone-arm termination.
- Swivelling, damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial corresponds with VTF and has positive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
Effective mass: 9.5g
Cartridge balance: 6 – 17g
Vertical tracking force: 0 – 2.5g
Maximum tracking error: 0.013°/mm
Net weight: 717.0g
Pivot-stylus distance: 232.2mm
Pivot-sindle centre distance: 213.4mm
Audio lead: 1.2m
CRYSTAL CABLE WIRING
The Model 12A is equipped with a premium grade signal cable from Crystal Cable which is installed inside the tonearm, connected to phono stage and coupled with the cartridge. Pure mono-crystal silver conductors in miniature format. Providing precious metal in its most pure version, lifting the musical performance to a higher level.
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
Net weight: 25.9 kg (57 lbs)
Shipping weight: 31 kg (68 lbs)
Width 370.00 mm
Depth 350.00 mm
Height 178.00 mm