Take advantage of the increased dynamic capability of high resolution recordings with the Legacy i.V2 dual mono amplifier. The same performance as the i.V4 Ultra in a two channel version. You will enjoy a lower noise floor in your recordings, stronger crests, and increased dynamic resolution.
Featuring state of the art ICEedge® technology, the elegant i·V2 amplifier approaches 80% efficiency while delivering over 600 watts per channel into 8 ohms, both channels driven. Such exceptional power is the product of very high current (i) and voltage (V) output capabilities providing stability into low impedances with a peak output current capability of 38A.
These long life amplifiers employ ICEedge® technology to sound as clean and uncolored as the best of the best while running much cooler. This balanced differential design operates against a background of silence while delivering incredible current and voltage outputs on demand.
Take advantage of the increased dynamic capability of today’s high resolution recordings with the Legacy i·V amplifier series. You will enjoy a lower noise floor in your recordings, stronger crests and increased dynamic resolution.
Higher amplifier power assures the proper snap in transients and means dense musical arrangements will avoid the smearing, strain and inevitable distortion as complex passages reach higher levels.
i·V 2 Features
- Short circuit protection
- Thermal protection
- Triggered On/Off
- Standby switch
- Front panel status indicator
Say goodbye to excessive heat and transformer hum. The crystal-clear sound is virtually noise-free and reliability is assured- after all, it’s a Legacy.
The Legacy i·V series is available in a monoblock up to an eight channel configuration.
- Product ManualDownload Manual
- Power Rating:1000 watts per channel x 2 @ 4 ohms, all channels driven 610 watts per channel x 2 @ 8 ohms, all channels driven
- Peak Power:1.2 kW peak power from any channel @ 4 Ohm/1kHz with less than 1% distortion
- Over Current Protection:Breaker reset for excessive sustained current
- Inputs:Fully balanced XLR, single-end RCA
- Outputs:Gold plated safety approved five-way binding posts
- Damping factor:750 average, 20Hz to 1kHz
- Voltage Gain:25.8 dB
- Dynamic Range:127dB, A- weighted
- Voltage/Current:98 Vp / 38Ap
- Input Sensitivity:5.0Vp @ 1200W/4 Ohm
- Input Impedance:38 kOhm for both pin 2+ and pin 3-
- Channel Separation:120 dB at 1kHz
- Unit Dimensions:17.5″ W x 15.6″ D x 5.8″ H
- Unit Shipping Weight:30 lbs each
- Notes:Highest power output can be obtained using a single 230V, 20A line or dual 120V, 20A lines. A conventional single AC cord is provided.
Reviews & Articles
- Article:Is Your System 24-Bit Ready?
- Article:New Legacy i·V “Powerhouse Amplifiers” Audioholics Interview with Bill Dudleston
- Article:Amplifiers for the Future of High Performance Audio
- Review:Legacy i·V7: “The Future for Surround Sound Amplifiers… All I Can Say is Wow.”
- Review:Legacy Audio “Makes Sharp Throw Into The Future: i·V Amp is Revolutionary”
- Review:i·V4 ULTRA is “Easily My Favorite Amp of All Time- An Exhilarating Experience”